24 Projects Created
Joined July 11, 2018
- Morani Preserve and Research Center Laikipia$2,700 RaisedThe Morani Preserve and Research Center Laikipia is a community organization in Northern Kenya dedicated to environmental conservation. As one of the last places in the world to see many native and currently endangered species, it is vital to protect the natural wonders found here.
- Tania Integrated Centre$1,290 RaisedThe Tania Integrated Centre is a Community Based Organisation (CBO) in Corner Baridi, Kenya which caters to children with physical impairments and other disabilities. The Center is registered as a charitable children’s institution with the Kenyan Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Development. The Centre currently services 165 children aged 2 to 17.
- Big Cat Rescue$3,110 RaisedBig Cat Rescue is a highly accredited and renowned sanctuary for exotic cats including jaguars, leopards, lions, and tigers. Spanning 67 acres, they have rescued and housed many big cats during their 25 years of operation, and currently feature around 80 big cats. Many of these majestic animals were retrieved from the clutches of negligent owners or at the hands of financial exploitation such as circuses and illegal trade.
- United Premier Soccer League$2,090 RaisedFounded in 2011 by Leonel Lopez, the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL) is currently comprised of 160 teams spread across 20 divisions and 11 unique conferences in over 30 states in America. The UPSL arranges its matchplay around two seasons: spring and fall.
- CARA Project Girls Rescue Centre$0 RaisedCARA Project Girls Rescue Centre has been empowering women and girls since 2009, cultivating a positive and independent mindset to help them achieve success in the face of disadvantages. The organization emphasizes equal rights for underprivileged girls in particular, spreading awareness and promoting education for these individuals to integrate successfully into society.
- Ngong Forest Conservation Trust$540 RaisedThe Ngong Forest Conservation Trust for the first time, aligns the priorities of many local Kenyan organizations who are dedicated to restoring a historic natural location. The Ngong Hills have been dramatically overforested and as a result, soil erosion is creating massive sinkholes and making it more and more challenging to keep the landscape from turning into an arid desert.
- Blue Water Ventures International$2,377 RaisedFounded in 2005 by W. Keith Webb, Blue Water Ventures International is an organization dedicated to the restoration of undiscovered history and relics discovered in shipwrecks around the world. Their successful extraction and recovery can lead to invaluable insights into history and other memories or treasures that were lost along the way.
- Bully Rehab Awareness Gym$1,790 RaisedThe Bully Rehab Awareness Gym, or BRAG, is dedicated to providing a positive outlet for both bullies and those bullied by providing martial arts training as a source of rehabilitation. By invoking the meditative practices and disciplines provided by a variety of combat skills, BRAG aims to provide a safe and friendly environment for kids to participate in a healthy and constructive activity to hone their minds and bodies.
- Proyecto Daniel$1,390 RaisedEstablished in 2010 by Bernardo Arce Gutiérrez and Ligia Bobadilla Matta, the parents of Costa Rican Daniel Arce, Proyecto Daniel is an organization founded on the principles of empowering and providing specialized care in a specialized facility for adolescents between the ages of 13-25 in Costa Rica that are diagnosed with cancer. With a focus on promoting education, awareness and recreation to heal and brighten up the smiles of many young children and adults facing grim circumstances, Proyecto Daniel strives to give young cancer patients hope, serving as a lighthouse to guide lost ships at sea.
- Wildlife Waystation$1,070 RaisedOfficially established in 1976 under the guidance of founder and director Martine Colette, the nonprofit animal sanctuary Wildlife Waystation spans 160 acres across the Angeles National Forest located in Southern California. Colette is a distinguished expert with over 40 years of animal rescue and rehabilitation experience, also promoting wildlife awareness and knowledge as a prominent public speaker.
- Tumutumu School for the Deaf$1,270 RaisedTumutumu School for the Deaf a public primary school located in the Mathira Constituency, Kirimukuyu Location, Mathira Division within the Nyeri District of Nyeri County in the Central Province of Kenya. It is a Boarding School for both Boys and Girls that caters to students with special needs. As the only school for the deaf in the vast Nyeri County in the foothills of Mt. Kenya, this organization is a vital community support that offers sources of hope and opportunity for many families across Kenya.
- L.A. Wolves FC$1,460 RaisedL.A. Wolves FC is an American Soccer club based in Los Angeles, California. They are named after the Los Angeles Wolves who played in the United Soccer Association in 1967 and in the North American Soccer League in 1968. The L.A. Wolves FC are a current member of the UPSL (United Premier Soccer League) and compete in the Western Division. The L.A. Wolves FC also manage and oversee a Reserve squad and a L.A. Wolves FC Youth Soccer Program.
- Blue Mountain Humane Society$0 RaisedBlue Mountain Humane Society has been offering compassionate care and animal rights advocacy in Walla Walla County, Washington for over 50 years. In just 2017, over 1,607 animals found new, loving homes thanks to the efforts of our dedicated team. As the sole animal shelter facility in Walla Walla County and also serving parts of Umatilla and Columbia, Blue Mountain Humane Society is a vital community resource. In 2018, we are looking to expand our efforts to better serve the animals and people of Washington State.
- Affiniti$650 RaisedAffiniti is a dynamic 3 piece recording and live act featuring Aisling Ennis on Harp, Mary McCague on Violin and Emer Barry’s Soprano voice. Each of these performers are classically trained Masters in their given musical disciplines. Playing a combination of traditional, classic, and celtic music juxtaposed against contemporary pop hits, Affiniti is an important cultural movement. These artists represent the culmination of a rich European musical tradition and have helped the public fall in back in love with classic music all over again.
- The World’s Greatest Animal Project$440 RaisedThe World’s Greatest Animal Project is an ambitious undertaking with the aim of solving one of the greatest untold tales in human history. How animals have not only shaped our entire culture but progressively become victims of an increasingly industrialised mass-agriculture industry that is causing untold damage not only to the planet but to the creatures that have shaped our cultures, lives and past.
- Saigon Children$1,608 RaisedThe Saigon Children’s charity was founded in the UK 1992 with the goal of helping disadvantaged children have a fair start in life. Saigon Children works exclusively in Vietnam and has helped thousands of children overcome the challenges posed by poverty, geography and disabilities. We believe that all children should have a fair start to their lives and the right to fulfill their true potential. By focusing our efforts on the educational needs of the most disadvantaged children in Vietnam we are able to transform their lives for the better.